photo by Fry Photography

photo by Fry Photography

Friday, October 29, 2010

Photos To Be Treasured

In the days following Blake's death we were flooded with e-mails, cards, letters, flowers, food, family and friends.  One of my good friends (who also happens to take beautiful photos) e-mailed and asked me if there was anything she could do for me, just to let her know.  We heard people say that alot, and it's hard to be able to let go of your pride and let people take care of you.  I was feeling sad that all of the beautiful flower arrangements that people had sent us would not last until we returned from Blake's Lustre memorial, so I realized the best thing to do would be take pictures of everything we could.  I wasn't feeling up to the task and I knew I wanted the pictures to reflect the beauty that had filled our house.  So I called on that friend of mine who had taken pictures of Cameron and our family over the last 2 years.  I had been planning to have her come anyways for newborn photos of Blake within the first week of his life.  It was bittersweet to still have her come to our home and take photos, but instead it was under such heart-breaking circumstances.  She of course said she would come right over and capture these gifts for us.  I love how they turned out and am so thankful that she blessed us with her God-given talents so we can forever enjoy the flowers that were sent to us in those first couple days.  Here are a few of her photos for you to enjoy...


















Thank you Deea for sharing your gift of photography with us over the past 2 and a half years.  We love you.

If you want to see more of her work you can check out her site.  You just might recognize a cute little chubby boy in some of her albums.

2 comments: