photo by Fry Photography

photo by Fry Photography

Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Butterfly

I can't remember when exactly in the last 2 months Shell (my sister :) ) and I were talking about this, but she mentioned something about how after someone dies and you see a butterfly flying around it's a symbol of that person you lost.  I guess I hadn't really thought about it before, because to be honest I really haven't lost any of my close immediate family. 

Fast forward (just a little bit) to a few weeks ago and the Cresse's had asked us to go to lunch with them at Johnny Carino's.  We were bringing Cam along with us and he was so excited to be able to go to lunch with Daddy in the "white TRUCK!"  So as we are getting out of the truck at the restaurant he is jabbering and hopping and telling me to race him into the restaurant.  Jonathan and Courtney were already at the doors waiting for us, and as we got closer and said "hello", Cam realized that they were eating with us.....you should have seen his shoulders drop.  It was like, "aw man, you didn't tell me they were gonna be here".  We all laughed so hard because he didn't mean to be rude, he just is so bashful it was like he knew he couldn't just be "Cam". :) Well, our laughing made him even more upset and he just wanted to bury his face in my legs and disappear.  So Courtney, seeing how upset he was, asked him if he wanted to get a bouncy ball out of the machine by the doors.  Of course he perked right up and wasn't about to say no to that!  She put in the money and out came the ball.  He came back to me pretty quickly and was showing off the bouncy ball.  I took one look at it and just smiled and my heart smiled even more...in the center of the ball was a butterfly.  It was like God was saying "Blake is here, he is always with you.  I can use silly bouncy balls and whatever else I need to to make it clear how much I love you and how much Blake loves you." 

I'm not saying Blake is the bouncy ball or anything like that, but it was so amazing to me that out of all the different balls in the machine, that one came out just for Cam to play with and to hold.  Coincidence, I don't think so.  God can use anything to speak to us if we are just willing to stop, look around and see what He is doing. 

Cam would not put he ball down the rest of the afternoon, so I was able to get a picture of him holding it (above).  Then the ball disappeared and we couldn't find it but it turned up one random day and again Cam had to hold it while he watched cartoons on the couch with me. :)


We love you so much Blake and think about you ALL the time.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are looking at even the little things to see God's love in your life. Even when it's hard - He LOVES YOU!

    ReplyDelete